What is a host family?
What does a host family do?
- Offers a supportive and friendly environment for learning English.
- Encourages the student to speak English and take part in family life.
- Does activities with the student to help practise English in a fun way.
- Ensures the student’s welfare and safety during their stay.
We really enjoyed hosting Camille. The children loved playing games with her, like Uno and Ludo.
We did activities together that we might not have done on our own, like visiting the local museum, but everyone loved it!
What's a host family like?
- Has children of all ages, including grown-up children.
- Is friendly and welcoming, and happy to share their language and culture.
- Enjoys the outdoors and being active in the beautiful Alps.
- Has English as their mother tongue and speaks English at home.
Giving English lessons
You need to have:
- a university degree or equivalent professional qualification.
- or a teaching qualification.
We provide full training in:
- myEnglishFamily Homestay Welcome.
- myEnglishFamily Homestay Teaching One-to-One if you provide English lessons.